Mailroom and Courier Services
In April 2017 Keystone was able to secure a Federal contract to provide mailroom and courier services to an Agency with a heavy presence in Western Pennsylvania. This opportunity, coordinated through the National Industries for the Blind, allowed Keystone to begin recruitment of individuals to fill positions within the contract. We provide the Customer with a tremendous amount of knowledge, skill and adaptability. The responsibilities under this contract include:
- Document handling, transport, retention and scheduled purging
- File recycling and creation
- Full mail processing center operations
- Execution of assigned tasks within a timely manner with extreme attention to quality.
- Receive, sort and deliver incoming mail
- Open, read and sort incoming mail
- Meter outgoing mail
- Organize documents properly
- Scan documents
- Accurately manifest hardcopy materials
- Utilize manifest log system
- Responsible for preparing case folders to be barcoded and reused.
- Appropriately placing new bar codes/stickers on folders to be used for investigations.
- Manage multiple processes.
These are not “sheltered workshop” positions. These positions are for qualified applicants in an integrated, permanent full-time work environment. Qualified applicants are those who meet the definition of legal blindness with a visual acuity of 20/200 in the best corrected eye or less than 20 degree visual field. Applicants and must be willing to undergo a thorough and extensive federal background check which includes a credit and criminal background check, in addition to a drug screen. Once applicants have been pre-screened, they will be required to undergo a more thorough background check to receive their clearances. This is done by completing an SF86 application and by having an investigative background check done by a field investigator. In addition, all candidates must be citizens, either natural or naturalized.